Live. Laugh. Love.

Live well. Laugh often. Love much.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Who am I? Well let me tell you a little about me!

My name is Kelley and I am currently a graduate student at Georgia State University. I am studying to get my Masters of Arts in Teaching for middle grades, specializing in language arts and social studies (what a mouthful!). I received my undergrad from the University of Georgia (GOOO DAWGS, sic ‘em!) in Child and Family Development and feel as though I got the best of both worlds through my education. Growing up, I always knew I wanted to be a teacher; with a 2nd grade teacher for a mom and a principal for a dad, I like to say, “It’s just in my blood”. Through my undergraduate courses, I learned a lot about how children grow, develop, and learn and how their families and environments impact their learning and academic success. Through my graduate courses, I am learning how to teach these different types of learners, but I feel as though I can be sensitive and compassionate to their environments and home situations. I am from Snellville, Georgia and attended Brookwood High School, where I enjoyed four years dressed up in maroon and gold cheering on the Broncos. I was a cheerleader and participated in extracurricular activities and really feel as though I did my high school years justice.
After those wonderful four years in high school, where I met some lifelong friends, I made the big move to Athens, Georgia to become a Georgia Bulldog! I would say those four years were some of the best and most memorable years of my life! I attended as many Georgia football tailgates and games as I could possibly get to and still continue to find ways to make it there for those events! I never miss a chance to wear my red and black and do the famous “Goooooooo Dawgs! Sic ‘em! Woof, woof, woof!” Being in Athens gave me a true sense of what college life was supposed to be like! It was everything I had imagined and seen in movies; a big campus, popular football team, exciting nightlife, and you never had to leave. Everything was right there for you in Athens! I try to convince anyone, and everyone, to attend the University of Georgia, as I feel it is the greatest place on Earth!
Once I graduated in May of 2009, I found myself to be terrified and nervous of what was to come for me in my early twenties. I had already made my decision to go straight into graduate school because I knew it would be nearly impossible for me to go back to school after I had taken some time off! It was also very important for me to go ahead and get my Master’s because my mom had hers and my dad has his doctorate. Education is extremely important in my family and it was expected that I would have, at least, my Master’s. I received my acceptance into Georgia State University in November of 2009 to start Spring of 2010 and made the scary, yet exciting, move to Buckhead with a roommate, one of my friends from high school and college. That about updates you to my current life status!

Alumni Girls at the Georgia Game
Saturday in Athens (not my Saturday, but this gets me excited for football season everytime)

No comments:

Post a Comment